LUXURY version of the Canal du Midi cycling trip - From Toulouse to Agde, Sète or Montpellier
Visit Toulouse by bike or feet
Welcome to Toulouse
You head to your luxury accommodation chosen by us, closed by the centre of Toulouse. This ideal location will allow you, if you feel like it, to stroll through the most beautiful streets of the pink city, as indicated by your host, who will be able to suggest all the must-see sights and other unusual places. Visit the Capitole for its architecture, the Japanese garden for its wildlife or chef Michel Sarran's restaurant for its fine cuisine.
Dinner on your own and overnight in Toulouse.
Suggestion 1 - Toulouse :
Visit Toulouse by bike and extra nights possible in your luxury accommodation (see options in the prices tab).
The Canal du Midi by bike from Toulouse to Castelnaudary
Cycling : 60 km
After a restful night's sleep and an excellent breakfast in your exceptional accommodation in Toulouse, you'll set off on a 50 km stretch of the greenway, which is paved with excellent tarmac. You can take a break at the Naurouze threshold, where the waters of the Canal are divided for relaxation. Dinner on your own and overnight in a property with old-fashioned charm in Castelnaudary, where we'll give you the best addresses for discovering the region's typical cassoulet dish.
The Canal du Midi by bike from Castelnaudary to Carcassonne
Cycling : 42 km
After Castelnaudary, the Canal du Midi becomes wilder... Enjoy the peace and quiet of the surrounding countryside. You arrive in Carcassonne in the middle of the day, just in time to visit the splendid medieval city and its many intriguing streets. Spend the night in an exceptional establishment, close to the medieval city. You can also enjoy a moment of relaxation in the swimming pool with a cocktail at your accommodation.
Suggestion 3 - A day in Carcassonne :
We highly recommend this extra night, which allows you to visit the medieval city at your leisure. You can also relax in our luxury partner hotel (see options in the prices tab).
The Canal du Midi by bike from Carcassonne to Homps
Cycling : 41 km
You'll be cycling through vineyards and small villages typical of the South of France. The little port of Homps, steeped in history, is the perfect place to sample some of the region's finest wines. Homps is ideally situated, with the Minervois to the north and the Corbières to the south. Dinner on your own and overnight in Homps or Olonzac. If you want to relax after your day's cycling, we invite you to unwind in the swimming pool, spa and other facilities in your accommodation.
Suggestion 4 - An extra night in Homps.
On your day off, you can :
- Take a private guided tour of a château in Corbière. Access via a small bucolic road, between vineyards and olive groves: 35€ per person to be paid on site. Please let us know when you book;
- Free visit to the "Maison des Vins du Minervois" in the historic port of Homps, to discover over 100 wine cellars and estates in the appellation, at the property price;
- Enjoy the garden and swimming pool at your host's home.
The Canal du Midi by bike from Homps to Capestang
Cycling : 43 km
After Homps, you can discover a series of beautiful structures on the Canal du Midi. Here, man has had to use his ingenuity to cope with the rugged terrain of the region. Arrive at Caspestang, a pretty 14th-century village. Dinner and overnight stay with our partner in a splendid setting. Here you will be staying in a luxury château hotel in the middle of the vineyards, with a range of top-of-the-range facilities for your well-being.
Suggestion 5 - Minerve :
Stage to Minerve with overnight stay at Le Somail - 20 km (consult us).
The Canal du Midi by bike from Capestang to Agde
Cycling : 42 km
The sea air is gradually coming closer for this last day...
The Pointe des Onglous, where the Canal du Midi flows into the inland sea that is the Etang de Thau, is a magical place. Enjoy this unique spot, where you may even spot pink flamingos. Taste the delicious Bouzigues oysters and mussels. Back in Agde town centre, you can leave your bike at our partner's bike depot, located just a stone's throw from the SNCF station. If you wish to continue on your way, you can sleep in an exceptional hotel with a view on the Mediterranean sea.
NB: End of service on your arrival in Agde if you choose the 6-day / 5-night tour, from Toulouse to Agde. Additional night optional.
Suggestion 6 - Extra night in Agde to enjoy the beach.
The Canal du Midi by bike from Agde to Sète
Cycling : 35 km
We strongly recommend that you finish your journey by continuing on to Sète. You'll be able to take advantage of a very pleasant cycle path between the Mediterranean Sea and the Etang de Thau. If you like, you can stop for a dip in the big blue sea.
Arrive in the pretty town of Sète, where you can enjoy the ballet of fishing boats docking in the town centre.
NB: End of service on your arrival in Sète if you choose the 7-day / 6-night tour, from Toulouse to Sète.
Optional extra night in Sète in one of our superb partner accommodations.
The Rhône Canal from Sète to Montpellier
Cycling : 45 km
After Toulouse, we invite you to discover another big, beautiful city in the South of France: Montpellier! You'll cycle along the Canal du Rhône, through a nature reserve, before reaching the heart of Montpellier.
NB: Service ends on arrival in Montpellier if you choose the 8-day/7-night Toulouse to Montpellier tour.
Optional extra night in Montpellier at one of our exceptional partners with its own spa and gourmet restaurant
The names and photos of the accommodation are given for information purposes. According to availability, the B&Bs or hotels could be changed without warning and replaced by another establishment of the same category.
|Package||Double room 2 pers.||Twin room 2 pers.||Triple room 3 pers.||Single room 1 pers.|
|De Toulouse à Agde 6 days / 5 nights||€1,690||€1,990||€1,390||€2,990|
|De Toulouse à Sète 7 days / 6 nights||€1,990||€2,390||€1,590||€3,690|
|De Toulouse à Montpellier 8 days / 7 nights||€2,390||€2,690||€1,890||€4,290|
NB: prices shown are per person.
Our price includes :
- 5/6/7 nights in charming guest houses and/or luxury hotels
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- 7/7 telephone assistance
- Registration fees
- Local taxes
- Digital version of your road-book on your smartphone
Our price does not include :
- Bike hire (from €130, including delivery and return)
- Transfers from your home to the meeting point and dispersal
- Parking for your vehicle for the duration of your stay
- Lunches and dinners
- Personal expenses and drinks
- Our bicycle insurance. For more information, click here.
Options, supplements and reductions:
|No baggage transfer" discount||-€70|
|Group discount for 4 people or more (Toulouse to Agde trip)||-€20|
|Group discount for 4 people or more (Toulouse to Sète trip)||-€25|
|Group discount for 4 people or more (Toulouse to Montpellier trip)||-€30|
|July / August supplement||€100|
|Cycle hire (VTC) for the entire stay (delivery & return included) - 6 days||€130|
|Additional day's bike hire (VTC)||€20|
|Rental of an electrically-assisted bicycle (EAB) for the entire stay (delivery & return included) - 6 days||€235|
|Additional day's hire of an electrically-assisted bicycle (EAB)||€35|
|Hire of a 2nd waterproof rear pannier (20l) for the entire trip||€15|
|Supplementary nights at the beginning or end of your trip|
|Extra night in Agde in a double room with breakfast||€230|
|Extra night in Agde in a single room with breakfast||€360|
|Extra night in Agde in a triple room with breakfast||€230|
|Extra night in Sète in a double room with breakfast||€175|
|Extra night in Sète in a single room with breakfast||€290|
|Extra night in Sète in a triple room with breakfast||€170|
|Extra night in Montpellier in a double room with breakfast||€150|
|Extra night in Montpellier in a single room with breakfast||€275|
|Extra night in Montpellier in a triple room with breakfast||€200|
|Our suggestions during your holiday|
|Suggestion 1 - Extra night in Toulouse in a double room with breakfast||€230|
|Suggestion 1 - Additional night in Toulouse in a single room with breakfast||€360|
|Suggestion 1: Extra night in Toulouse in a triple room with breakfast||€230|
|Suggestion 3 - Extra night in Carcassonne in a double room with breakfast||€330|
|Suggestion 3 - Extra night in Carcassonne in a single room with breakfast||€600|
|Suggestion 3 - Extra night in Carcassonne in a triple room with breakfast||€250|
|Suggestion 4 - Extra night in Homps in a double room with breakfast||€70|
|Suggestion 4 - Extra night in Homps in a single room with breakfast||€140|
|Suggestion 4 - Extra night in Homps in a triple room with breakfast||€70|
|Private return transfer Sète - Toulouse (group price, maximum 8 people)||€600|
NB: prices are per person.
Our partner hotel in Carcassonne
In the heart of the medieval city of Carcassonne, discover our luxury partner accommodation which will welcome you in a privileged setting. Take advantage of this setting to relax at the spa or the swimming pool before enjoying the hotel's gourmet restaurant.
Our partner hotel in Toulouse
This 4* hotel benefits from an ideal location in the center of the pink city. A stone's throw from the Saint-Sernin basilica, you can relax in sumptuous, very comfortable rooms.
Our partner hotel in Castelnaudary
Equivalent to a 3-star hotel, this guest house located in an old building welcomes you in an authentic and unique setting. The colorfully decorated rooms immerse you in a period setting with their baroque decoration.
Our partner hotel in Montpellier
You've arrived in a haven of luxury, surrounded by an elegant, modern and comfortable atmosphere. A modern establishment, yet you'll immediately feel at home.
For the Castelnaudary and Homps stages you will be accommodated in a charming Bnb equivalent to a 3-star establishment. We cannot provide a 4 or 5 star establishment due to the location of the stage and its hotel offering.
A WORD FROM GUILHEM, LOCAL CYCLING INSTRUCTOR
VTC FROM AMERICAN BRAND TREK
- A top-of-the-range Trek model specially chosen for the profile of our travellers
- A bike in your size (available in S, M, L and XL). For smaller sizes, other Trek and KTM models are available)
- Frame geometry that makes it easy to step over
- Front suspension (essential for the Canal du Midi)
- Comfort saddle
- Special travel comfort grips
- Hydraulic disc brakes (no pad 'jamming' in the rain)
- Adjustable stem (for a more upright or reclined position)
- Rear stand (handy with loaded rear panniers)
- Front and rear dynamo lighting
AMERICAN BRAND TREK EBIKES (ELECTRICALLY ASSISTED BICYCLES)
- A top-of-the-range Trek model specially chosen for the profile of our travellers
- A bike to suit you (available in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL)Sporty, dynamic frame geometry for easy straddling
- Large 28″ wheels for precise handling and good performance.
- Powerful braking with two hydraulic disc brakes
- Fully equipped : mudguards, side stand, powerful lighting and pannier holders
- Bosch engine
All your equipment is included
- Ortlieb waterproof rear bag
- Ortlieb waterproof handlebar bag with smartphone/roadbook holder
- Front & rear lights
- Protective lock
- Repair kit
- Helmet supplied free of charge on request (please ask us when you register)
Theft and assistance insurance NATURE OCCITANE insures you for €1.50 per day and per bike and/or equipment
Parking your vehicle during your stay
Meeting point :
End of your stay :
How do I get there ?
- 1 sun hat or cap (helmet provided on request when you register)
- 1 scarf - Breathable T-shirts
- 1 fleece1 Gore-tex jacket, waterproof and breathable
- 2 shorts (short or long), preferably padded for greater comfort on the bike
- 1 pair of comfortable trousers for the evening
- UnderwearSocks. Avoid tennis socks (cotton), which take a long time to dry.
- 1 swimming costume for the pool and when you arrive at the beach
- 1 pair of multi-activity shoes for cycling and walking
- Tennis shoes or sandals for the evening
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pocket knife (to be packed in checked baggage if you are flying)
- Toilet paper
- Sun cream
- Soothing anti-chafing cream