From Toulouse to Villeton with the family by bike, along the Canal de la Garonne (with pools)
TOUR OF TOULOUSE BY BIKE OR ON FOOT
Welcome in Toulouse
Come to your charming guest house, located near the historic centre of Toulouse. You will be welcomed by a real "toulousaine" house, with a garden and a veranda ! Your equipment will be delivered to you before 7pm, so that you can take a night tour by bike, if you wish. As Toulousans, we want to make it easier for you to visit the place and to help you enjoy the city. Also, Olivier, your host, will not fail to make suggestions for visits, so do not hesitate to ask him !
Dinner at your own charge and night in Toulouse.
Suggestion 1 : Toulouse
Additional nights possible (see options in the price tab)
CANAL DE LA GARONNE FOR FAMILY - From Toulouse to Pompignan
Distance: 30km / Accomodation: Charming guest house with large garden and pool!
The first day of your journey will take you through the pink city before joining the lateral canal of the Garonne with its famous "twin bridges". The Canal takes you away from the roar of the city and gradually gives way to a more preserved natural environment.
Arrival at your guest house with a swimming pool and large garden under trees.
NB: Our partner accommodation is located 16 minutes by train from Toulouse.
If you wish to avoid the suburban area of the Toulouse exit, we can propose you to meet at this accommodation.
CANAL DE LA GARONNE FOR FAMILY - From Pompignan to Moissac
Distance: 36km / Accomodation: Guest house with mini-farm and cultivation of fruits and vegetables!
Day of discovery of many places of interest such as the water slope of Montech (which will question your children as for its functioning), the city of Castelsarrasin, the crossing of the bridge-canal of Cacor and finally the famous abbey Saint-Pierre of Moissac.
CANAL DE LA GARONNE FOR FAMILY - From Moissac to Saint Loup / Prézat
Distance: 28km for Saint Loup / 45-50 km for Prézat
A few kilometers after your departure from Moissac, this stage allows you to stop at the pleasant leisure base of Saint-Nicolas-de-la-Grave. This 400-hectare lake is perfect for a family stopover, with its bird sanctuary and water sports activities (sailing, canoeing, swimming pool...). Dinner at your own charge and night in a guest house.
CANAL DE LA GARONNE FOR FAMILY - From Saint Loup / Prézat to Sérignac Sur Garonne
Distance: 41 km from Saint Loup / 24km from Prézat. Accomodation: 19th century guest house with large garden and pool!
You pedal under the beneficial shade of plane trees, surrounded by orchards and cereal fields. Dinner at your own charge and overnight stay in a guesthouse with a swimming pool and a quiet and relaxing garden and a mini-farm for the lucky ones, ideal for your family stopover.
CANAL DE LA GARONNE FOR FAMILY - From Sérignac Sur Garonne to Villeton
Distance: 33km / Accommodation: Guest house with swimming pool !
The Canal de la Garonne continues its bucolic path, sometimes following the river as closely as possible. Beautiful historical villages such as Buzet-sur-Baïse border the route. Arrival at your guest house, meeting with the producers and possibility to see the animals located a few kilometers from the establishment. Swimming in the pool and games in the large garden possible. Dinner with the products of the farm is also possible.
Suggestion 3: Extra night in your guest house on the farm
Day of rest to enjoy the swimming pool, the large garden and the farm.
We also suggest a nice bike ride with a swim in a lake (water ski lift for the older ones!) and a supervised beach near the green way of the canal (25km round trip).
END OF THE TRIP
End of the stay. Transfer to Tonneins train station
Breakfast at the farm. Transfer to the train station of Tonneins.
For your comfort, we will take care of the bikes. End of the stay.
Suggestion 4: "Relaxation pool" package at the farm
The rooms must be vacated by 10:00 am that day. If one of the parents wishes to pick up the vehicle parked in Toulouse or Pompignan by train while the rest of the family stays at the farm, it is possible.
In this case, the whole family will be able to enjoy the green spaces and the swimming pool while the other parent comes back until 2pm.
Lunch is possible on site.
Price : 30€ to be paid on site
The stages and partner accommodations listed are the ones we prefer. Depending on your registration date, we may have to reserve for you another accommodation of the same category or different stages. For "last minute" registrations, we may have to offer you less comfortable accommodations and/or without a swimming pool. We know perfectly well the different accommodation options available for each stage: we will choose for you the best offer available at the time of your registration.
|Double room 2 pers.
|Twin room 2 pers.
|Triple room 3 pers.
|4-person room 4 pers.
|5-person room 5 pers.
|From Toulouse to Villeton 7 days / 6 nights
|From Villeton to Toulouse 7 days / 6 nights
|From Pompignan to Villeton 6 days / 5 nights
NB: prices shown are per person.
OUR PRICES INCLUDE :
- 5/6 nights in beautiful guesthouses with swimming pools specially selected for families
- The breakfasts
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Telephone assistance 7 days a week
- Registration fees
- Tourist taxes
- A digital roadbook to download on your mobile
OUR PRICES DOES NOT INCLUDE :
- Bike and equipment rental (optional)
- Transfers from your home to the meeting point and dispersion
- Parking space for your vehicle for the duration of your stay
- Lunches and dinners
- Personal expenses, drinks
- Travel insurance covering cancellation, illness and repatriation
- Our bicycle insurance. For more information, please click here.
Options, supplements and reductions:
|Adult bike rental for the whole trip (delivery & repatrition included) - 6 days
|Additional rental day for a bike (VTC)
|Adult electric bike (VAE) for the whole trip (delivery & repatrition included) - 6 days
|Additional rental day for an electric bike (VAE)
|Rental of a 2nd waterproof rear bag (20l) for the whole trip
|Rental of a 2-seater children's trailer Thule Chariot Cross 2 model (delivery & repatriation included)
|Rental of a 2-seater children's trailer Weehoo model (delivery & repatriation included)
|Rental of a child's bike adapted to the size of your child (delivery & repatriation included)- 6 days
|Additional rent day for a child's bike
|Rental of a Follow Me towing system (delivery & repatriation included)
|"Bike puller" towing system
|Rental of a Thule RideAlong reclining rear baby seat (delivery & repatriation included)
|Supplementary nights at the beginning or end of your trip
|Suggestion 3 - Additional night at your arrival in Villeton, double room in B&B
|Suggestion 3 - Additional night at your arrival in Villeton, triple room in B&B
|Suggestion 3 - Additional night at your arrival in Villeton, family room in B&B
|Our suggestions during your holiday
|Suggestion 4 - Swimming pool relaxation" package at the farm (to pay there)
NB: prices are per person.
For your comfort
We have selected for you and your family the best guest houses along the route.
At each arrival, the swimming pools allow you to refresh yourself and reward the whole family for their efforts.
Some accommodations are on the farm with the possibility of discovering the animals of the farm and the cultivation of fruits and vegetables with the producers etc...
Breakfast included. Possibility to eat at the guesthouse (table d'hote)
Our partner host in Pompignan
Located 16 minutes by train from the Toulouse train station, you will appreciate the swimming pool and the large garden in the quiet.
Our partner guest house in Sérignac
Located a few kilometers from the Canal de la Garonne, you will be charmed by this large property. Relax in the space offered by this large wooded park, without forgetting to visit the horses of the domain.
Our partner host in Villeton
Our guest house partner on the farm with swimming pool. Children and adults will love the possible contact with the animals, the large green spaces and of course the swimming pool :-)
A WORD FROM GUILHEM, LOCAL CYCLING INSTRUCTOR :
VTC BIKES FROM THE AMERICAN BRAND TREK
- High-stantard model chosen especially for the profile of our travelers
- A bike to fi your height (available in M, L and XL. For smaller height, other Trek and KTM models are available)
- Frame geometry and standover : easy to mount and dismount
- Front suspension
- Confort saddle
- Travel comfort handles
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Adjustable stem (for the comfort of your back)
- Rear stand
- Front and rear lighting by dynamo
ELECTRIC BIKE (VAE) FROM THE AMERICAN BRAND TREK
- High-end Trek model chosen especially for our travelers' profile
- A bike that fits you (available in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL)
- Sporty and dynamic frame geometry, making it easy to ride
- Large 28″ inch wheels that ensure precise steering and good performance of your electric bike on the Canal de la Garonne
- Powerful braking with two hydraulic disc brakes
- Fully equipped: mudguards, side stand, powerful lighting and pannier holders
- Bosch Active Line motor
TREK CHILD'S BIKE FROM 16" TO 26"
- The 8-speed single-plate transmission simplifies gear changes
- Its lightness
- Brake levers for small hands
- Lowered frame makes it easier for children to stop
- Its devastating look ! :-)
All your equipment is included :
- Ortlieb waterproof rear bag
- Ortlieb waterproof handlebar bag with smartphone / roadbook holder
- Front & rear lights
- Anti-theft device
- Repair kit
- Helmet provided free of charge on request (please ask us when you register)
Nature Occitane provides an insurance for robbery and assitance for 1€50 per day and bike and/or equipment
At your charge if your bike or trailer are robbed :
Equipment for your children :
2-seats Child trailer Thule Chariot Cross model
Pedal trailer for children Weehoo model
"Follow me" towing system :
Parking of your vehicle during your holiday
MEETING POINT :
THE END OF YOUR TRIP:
- 1 sun hat or cap (helmet provided on request when you register)
- 1 scarf
- Breathable T-shirts
- 1 fleece
- 1 Gore-tex jacket, waterproof and breathable
- 2 pair of shorts (short or long), preferably padded for comfort on the bike
- 1 pair of comfortable trousers for the evening
- 1 swimming costume for the pool and your arrival at the sea
- 1 pair of multi-activity shoes for cycling and walking
- Tennis shoes or sandals for the evening
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pocket knife (to be put in the hold luggage if you take the plane)
- Toilet paper
- Soothing cream anti-friction