From Toulouse to Carcassonne with the family by bike, along the Canal du Midi (with pools)
Visit of Toulouse by bike or on foot
Welcome in Toulouse
Come to your charming guest house, located near the historic centre of Toulouse. You will be welcomed by a real "toulousaine" house, with a garden and a veranda ! Your equipment will be delivered to you before 7pm, so that you can take a night tour by bike, if you wish. As Toulousans, we want to make it easier for you to visit the place and to help you enjoy the city. Also, Olivier, your host, will not fail to make suggestions for visits, so do not hesitate to ask him !
Dinner at your own charge and night in Toulouse.
Suggestion 1 : Toulouse
Additional nights possible (see options in the price tab)
Canal du Midi with the family - from Toulouse to the Lauragais land
Bike : 30km / Accommodation : Guestshouse with charms : a garden and a pool are waiting for you!
You can easily reach the Canal du Midi, located not far from your accommodation, and head towards the Lauragais plain... Keep your eyes peeled: a canal bridge here, a magnificent bridge there: the curious ones will find plenty to look at along the way ! Soon, your digital roadbook will invite you to join your guesthouse, which will certainly surprise you...
Dinner at your own charge and night in Lauragais.
Canal du Midi with the family - from Lauragais to Castelnaudary
Bike : 30km / Accommodation : A cosy guestshouse with a garden and a pool... or a barge !
You will find your bikes to continue through the bucolic landscapes of the Lauragais... The Port Lauragais area can be a cultural break ("Maison de la Haute Garonne" open to the public, with sale of local products). Soon, you will be at the gates of Naurouze, an ideal place for a short break, to taste the magic of the place.
Don't hesitate to approach the Riquet obelisk, located a few hundred metres away. The gates of Naurouze were of strategic importance in Riquet's time... you can guess why !
Dinner at your own charge and night in Castelnaudary.
Canal du Midi with the family - from Castelnaudary to Bram
Bike : 19km / Accommodation : Guestshouse with charms : a garden and a pool... or a Castel !
You reach the large basin of Castelnaudary, which offers a certain quietness to the small town. You soon join the Chemin Saint Roch to continue the adventure. The stage will not be very long, leaving you free to explore the pretty snail-shaped village of Bram... Have you noticed this curious shape ?
Dinner at your own charge and night in Bram.
NB: end of the service after breakfast if you have opted for the Toulouse to Castelnaudary version, in 4 days/3 nights.
Canal du Midi with the family - from Bram to Carcassonne
Bike : 26km / Accommodation : Guestshouse with charms : a garden and a pool
Here is the highlight of the show, after a short stage, you reach the majestic medieval city of Carcassonne. Don't hesitate to explore it by foot, its winding streets lend themselves better to discovery on foot... Equipment hire ends this evening.
Dinner at your own charge and night in Carcassonne.
Canal du Midi with the family - End of the trip
End of the trip
Relaxed breakfast before continuing your exploration of the area or leaving for other horizons.
For your convenience, we will take care of the return of the bikes.
Suggestion 2 : additional nights in Carcassonne to visit the Aude, by car, by foot or by bike ! The Cavayère lake, located 8 km away, can be a very pleasant day trip ! (water activities are possible on site depending on the season, so don't hesitate to ask)
The stages and partner accommodations listed are those we prefer. Depending on your registration date, we may have to book another accommodation of the same category for you. If you book late, shortly before departure, we will do our best, but will be subject to remaining availability.
|Package||Double room 2 pers.||Twin room 2 pers.||Triple room 3 pers.||4-person room 4 pers.|
|From Toulouse to Castelnaudary 4 days / 3 nights||€340||€350||€320||€310|
|From Toulouse to Carcassonne 6 days / 5 nights||€495||€515||€460||€445|
NB: prices shown are per person.
OUR PRICES INCLUDE :
- 3/5 nights in beautiful guesthouses with swimming pools specially selected for families
- The breakfasts
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Telephone assistance 7 days a week
- Registration fees
- Tourist taxes
- A digital roadbook to download on your mobile
OUR PRICES DOES NOT INCLUDE :
- Bike and equipment rental (optional)
- Transfers from your home to the meeting point and dispersal
- Parking for your vehicle for the duration of the trip
- Lunches and dinners
- Personal expenses, drinks
- Travel insurance covering cancellation, illness and repatriation
- Our bicycle insurance. For more information, please click here.
Options, supplements and reductions:
|Additional charge for July / August (6 days trip)||€40|
|Additional charge for July / August (4 days trip)||€20|
|Adult bike rental (delivery & repatrition included) - 4 days||€110|
|Additional rental day for a bike (VTC)||€10|
|Adult electric bike (VAE) (delivery & repatrition included) - 4 days||€170|
|Additional rental day for an electric bike (VAE)||€25|
|Rental of a 2nd waterproof rear bag (20l) for the whole trip||€25|
|Rental of a 2-seater children's trailer Weehoo model (repatriation included) for a 4 days||€115|
|Rental of a child's bike adapted to the size of your child (delivery & repatriation included) for 4 days||€75|
|Additional rent day for a child's bike or equipment||€5|
|Rental of a Follow Me towing system (delivery & repatriation included)||€50|
|"Bike puller" towing system||€20|
|Supplementary nights at the beginning or end of your trip|
|Additional night in Toulouse in a double room (breakfast included)||€65|
|Additional night in Toulouse in a triple / family room (breakfast included)||€75|
|Additional night in Carcassonne in a double room (breakfast included)||€70|
|Additional night in Carcassonne in a triple / family room (breakfast included)||€60|
NB: prices are per person.
Our host Olivier in Toulouse
Our partner guesthouse in Toulouse is ideally located in a nice quiet area of the city center. A warm welcome by our friend Olivier and the possibility to dine at his table d'hôtes (tasty local gastronomy). The garden is an ideal haven of peace to enjoy your dinner and breakfast. Parking is available nearby, for your entire stay not far from the guest house.
Our host in Castelnaudary
Mathieu welcomes you in his charming guest house where conviviality reigns. You will be able to relax by the pool after a day of biking and discovering.
Our host in Bram
Have you ever dreamed of sleeping in a real castle? Here you are!
A WORD FROM GUILHEM, LOCAL CYCLING INSTRUCTOR :
VTC BIKES FROM THE AMERICAN BRAND TREK
- High-stantard model chosen especially for the profile of our travelers
- A bike to fi your height (available in M, L and XL. For smaller height, other Trek and KTM models are available)
- Frame geometry and standover : easy to mount and dismount
- Front suspension
- Confort saddle
- Travel comfort handles
- Hydraulic disc brakes
- Adjustable stem (for the comfort of your back)
- Rear stand
- Front and rear lighting by dynamo
ELECTRIC BIKE (VAE) FROM THE AMERICAN BRAND TREK
- High-end Trek model chosen especially for our travelers' profile
- A bike that fits you (available in sizes XS, S, M, L and XL)
- Sporty and dynamic frame geometry, making it easy to ride
- Large 28″ inch wheels that ensure precise steering and good performance of your electric bike on the Canal de la Garonne
- Powerful braking with two hydraulic disc brakes
- Fully equipped: mudguards, side stand, powerful lighting and pannier holders
- Bosch Active Line motor
TREK CHILD'S BIKE
- The 8-speed single-plate transmission simplifies gear changes
- Its lightness
- Brake levers for small hands
- Lowered frame makes it easier for children to stop
- Its devastating look ! :-)
All your equipment is included :
- Ortlieb waterproof rear bag
- Ortlieb waterproof handlebar bag with smartphone / roadbook holder
- Front & rear lights
- Anti-theft device
- Repair kit
- Helmet provided free of charge on request (please ask us when you register)
Nature Occitane provides an insurance for robbery and assitance for 1€50 per day and bike and/or equipment
At your charge if your bike or trailer are robbed :
Equipment for your children :
Hire a Weehoo pedal trailer for children.
Renting a "Follow me" towing system :
Parking of your vehicle during your holiday
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT :
- 1 sun hat or cap (helmet provided on request when you register)
- 1 scarf
- Breathable T-shirts
- 1 fleece
- 1 Gore-tex jacket, waterproof and breathable
- 2 pair of shorts (short or long), preferably padded for comfort on the bike
- 1 pair of comfortable trousers for the evening
- 1 swimming costume for the pool and your arrival at the sea
- 1 pair of multi-activity shoes for cycling and walking
- Tennis shoes or sandals for the evening
- 1 pair of sunglasses
- 1 pocket knife (to be put in the hold luggage)
- 1 small pocket (preferably waterproof) for money
- Toiletries: preferably take biodegradable products
- 1 towel : there are some that dry quickly
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen + lip stick
- Soothing cream